Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Elizabeth's new summer dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member geneobug's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where are the "historically accurate" people at AG? I can't imagine anyone wearing a satin dress with a quilted petticoat in July in Williamsburg! Yuk! The detailing on the dress doesn't even seem very special to me from what I have seen. Nothing like the other dresses. It reminds me of Barbie's Princess and the Pauper from last year. It had more detailing and beautiful trim than this one. I wanted the complete collection, but this is one item I just might skip.

    What does the satin covered hat look like? Anyone with pics of the hat by itself?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The dress is pretty, but once again, WHERE are Elizabeth's stockings? Sheesh!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Geneobug:
    ...I can't imagine anyone wearing a satin dress with a quilted petticoat in July in Williamsburg! Yuk! ...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it was a rather cold July?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mystere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2005
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I liked it, but it does look too warm for summer. My girls will probably wear it in winter; I have a large non-AG colonial clothing collection that I can find something for Elizabeth for summer in.

    I do wish they'd give the poor girl a shoes and stockings set with the standard black colonial shoes. She can't be fancy all the time!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree - I wanted sooo badly to like Elizabeth, but even when I saw the doll in person all I could think is "cheap, cheap, cheap." Her dresses all seem cheap, flimsy, and too...frou frou yuck.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My niece got Elizabeth for Christmas and we have been very impressed with her and her collection. Of course she is right in the target age. DD got Felicity. We have only read the meet books and one short story and of course seen the movie. I'm sorry the collector's are dissapointed but the little girls I know are not. We are looking forward to adding to both collections.

  7. #7
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    One thing I have to say about that dress...it's very durable and should withstand rigorous play. And it was not wrinkled upon it's arrival. I really hate having to iron a new doll dress.

    And...it looks really pretty on Jess...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am so angry about the quality of the new things! They are turing Elizabeth into an 18 in. Barbie princess doll! The new cloths are so cheap. Elizabeth's meet outfit is the same style of Felicity's ball gown but yet hers has the petticoat and the stomacher atached! Same with other new outfits. Most of them are one peice. The new shoes that come with the outfits are not even needed. Felicity probably wouldn't have more than 2 pairs of shoes! And back then they would always wear stockings and never have their legs bair. But in all the pictures for the new outfits (Tea dresses, Elizabeth's ball gown, Elizabeth's summer outfit) they don't wear stocking! You can't even fit the shoes on with stockings! Why can't Elizabeth just have normal black buckled shoes and another pair of brocade shoes (dancing shoes) only a different color than Felicity's? Why can't Elizabeth just have a light summer outfit simalar to Felicity's only a different color and have the sash be different? AG, why can't you keep things acurate and good quality like before????? [img]frown.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mystere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2005
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like E's clothes. [img]redface.gif[/img] Except for the meet outfit, because I'm not a fan of pink. But I love all the greens in E's wardrobe, which my Felicity will often borrow.

    I do wish they'd stuck to the old, higher quality, version of the three-piece dresses with the stomachers, petticoat, and overdress. I like that with Felicity's you can change the look and (if you have the retired patterns) even make new stomachers and petticoats! I was thinking, though, that maybe AG changed it to one piece dresses because the kids have a hard time keeping track of all the bits and pieces, and then they are pressured to keep lots of replacement parts. I've come across a lot of Felicity Christmas gowns on ebay that are only the skirt or only the overdress. The stomachers tend to get lost.

    And I do have to say that for the price, I think a lot of the $28 outfits are a good deal. Like Felicity's summer outfit used to cost $40 between the hat/slippers and the dress and now it's only $28. It may not be accurate, but I kind of like having a choice in shoes, too. Poor Felicity only had two pair of shoes all these years while my other girls had tons. She grew a little tired of always wearing the same thing.

    I do wish they'd introduce a shoes/stockings set for E with the plain black shoes (she needs those for riding!) and a few pairs of stockings. The poor thing can't go out in winter without socks- she'd freeze!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Pressed_Flowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was wondering about the historical accuracy myself for a quilted petticoat would be too hot...that would have been better for her Christmas dress. And healed slippers for walking, why can't Elizabeth get a pair of black shoes like Lissie's?

    I truly want Elizabeth because I've been a Felicity fan for so long but all of her stuff just seems so cheap: the fabric flimsy, the dresses one piece instead of three. It makes me sad. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •